Mohanthal is also called as Besan Barfi where Gram Flour (Besan) is mixed with sugar syrup, ghee and garnished with dry fruits. It is a popular Gujarati sweet dish made during special occasions. Learn this traditional Indian sweet recipe from our Chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani.
Share on Facebook: https://goo.gl/Jg2omF
Tweet about this: https://goo.gl/k1RCca
Share on G+ : https://goo.gl/8BK5Cf
1/2 kg Gram Flour (Besan)
400 gms Ghee
400 gms Sugar
300 gms Mawa / Khawa
1/4th Litre Milk
1 & 1/2 Cup Water
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
Dry Fruits for Garnishing
१/२ किलो चण्याचे पीठ
४०० gms तूप
४०० gms साखर
३०० gms मावा / खवा
१/४ लिटर दूध
१ १/२ कप पाणी
१/२ tsp वेलची पावडर
– In a large bowl add gram flour, ghee and milk. Mix everything well and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
– After 15 minutes, pour the mixture in a sauce pan and then switch on the flame. Keep stirring the mixture continuously for 30 minutes on a very low flame. Do not let it burn.
– Add mawa and keep stirring on a low flame.
– To make the sugar syrup, in a sauce pan add sugar and water. Let the sugar and water boil. When it comes to a “one thread consistency” switch off the flame. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Sugar syrup is ready.
– Pour the sugar syrup into the gram flour mixture and mix well till it forms a lump.
– Pour the mixture into an aluminium tray. Garnish it with dry fruits and allow it to set for an hour.
– Cut it into medium size pieces. Mohanthal is ready to serve.
Director: Narayan Thakur
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Ravi Varma
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToRuchkarMejwani
For Facebook Updates: https://www.facebook.com/RuchkarMejwani
Join us on G+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/108499039376892009441/posts