Our Day at Banaras started with Subah -E -Banaras, dip in the Holy waters of Ganga, visit to Bhagwan Vishwanath temple. We also explored local food, enjoyed some unique chaat like Tamatar chaat.
This journey ended with Ganga Aarti at Dashashwamedh ghat. It was a very long day, great spiritual learning at Banaras and a lovely day.
When i was in Surat, Gujarat i heard a famous saying: Surat Nu Jaman, Ani Kashi Nu Maran, then only i decided that i had to visit Kashi. I also visited Mukti Dham where people check in to die.
Details of all the places visited by us on day 1 of our Varanasi journey is given below:
Website link of Experience Varanasi- our Tour guide: http://www.experiencevaranasi.com/
1. Subah-e-Banaras: Programme starts at 5 am with Ganga Aarti, then bhajans followed by yoga.
This programme happens at Assi ghat, if you are in Varanasi, you should not miss this programme.
Assi Ghat – Morning Arti – Subah-e-Banaras – Cultural programme – Yoga
Address – Nagwa Rd, Assi ghat, Anandbagh, Dumraon Colony, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005
Google Map Location – http://bit.ly/2PwL36j
2. Ganga Snan – Dashashwamedh Ghat : Belief goes: Dip in holy waters of Ganga followed by Visit to Bhagwan Vishwanath temple, would help you attain Moksh.
Address – Dashashwamedh Ghat Rd, Ghats of varanasi, Godowlia, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001. This Ghat is about 2 km from Assi ghat.
Google Map Location – http://bit.ly/2SISzNE
3. Boat Ride – “Dashashwamedh Ghat” to “Assi Ghat” to “Kedarnath Ghat” to “Manikarnika Ghat”Boat ride charges for one hour is Rs 1200. These are no fixed rates, it’s about demand and supply. If you are looking at share boat, you can get that at Rs 100 per person.
4. Baba Kaal Bhairav Temple: This temple is thousands of years old. It is believed that Kaal Bhairav is kotwal of Kashi and Bhagwan Vishwanath is king.
Belief goes that visitors should first visit Kaal Bhairav temple and then go to Vishwanath temple.
Address – k37/124, Golghar, Bazardiha, Maheshpur, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221002
Google Map Location – http://bit.ly/2C5V4Ux
5. Vishwanath temple: Videography and Photography was not allowed inside. It was a great feeling to be visiting this temple which has one of the Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva.
6. We bought chandan for taking along at home, you can get chandan at many shops in this vicinity of Vishwanath temple.
7.. The Ram Bhandar: Very famous for Kachori and jalebi breakfast, This was among my top 3 Kachori experiences, so much tasty.
Kachori with sabji Rs. 36 per plate of 2 pieces.
Jalebi Rs. 17 for 50g
Address: ck, 15/29, katra ratanial, thatheri bazar, Varanasi
Timing : 7 to 10:30 am
Google Map Location – http://bit.ly/2EtpbHO
8. Mukti Bhawan: This is a guest house, where people check in to die. It is believed that if you die in Kashi, you attain Moksh. They charge nominal Rs 20 per day for a room at guest house.
Max allowed period of stay: 2 weeks.
Number of rooms: 10
Address – Geeta Mandir Road, Near, Girja Ghar Rd, Misir Pokhra,
Google Map Location – https://goo.gl/2F6Zmv
9. Kashi Chaat Bhandar
Tamatar Ki Chaat Rs 30
Palak Ki Chaat Rs. 30
Address: godowlia, Varanasi
Google Map Location – https://goo.gl/4jR1sR
10. Vishwanath Misthan Bhandar
Samosa Rs. 18
Dahi Vada (Chena) Rs. 20
Address: vishweshwar gang, Varanasi
Google Map Location – https://goo.gl/LA1CtY
11. Dosa on streets: 10 meters before Dashashwamedh ghat.
12. Boat ride: Charge rs 1200 paid for 2 hour ride.
13. Ganga aarti: aarti timings differ from summers to winters, so check when you reach there. Prefer to reach there 30 minutes before aarti starts.
You can watch Ganga aarti while sitting on the boat.
If you want to have a clear and closer view of Ganga aarti, then you should get down the boat and pay Rs 100 per person to sit on a boat that is facing the place where aarti is being performed.
There are guest houses near by ghat who charge rs 100 per person for view of Ganga aarti from top.
14. Gopali Sardar Rabdi Wale: This place is famous for rabdi and hot milk.
Rabdi Rs 40 for 100g
Address: opp kcm cinema, godowlia, Varanasi
Google Map Location – https://goo.gl/dG4oWV
Hotel: I stayed there in 2 hotels… 2 days at Hotel Tridev which is 100 meters from Kaal Bhairav temple.Very crowded location, though the hotel was good from all aspects but lot of traffic and noise around..
After 2 days i shifted to Hotel Buddha this is also in old city area about 3 km from Kashi vishwanath temple, this place was in a small lane disconnected from traffic area.
Cost per day tariff: Rs 2600 at both these hotels incidentally almost same cost on dual occupancy.
i like peaceful areas especially when it comes to staying in a hotel, so shifted.
Hope you enjoyed watching this episode. Soon you will see more of Kashi on visa2explore. Till they good bye see you soon.